India to host 3rd Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- India will host the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) at Mumbai on 25th and 26thJune 2018.
- The Theme of the Annual Meeting, 2018 will be “Mobilizing Finance for Infrastructure: Innovation and Collaboration”.
- India is one of the founding members and the 2nd largest shareholder in AIIB.
19th International Workshop on Physics of Semiconductor Devices (IWPSD-2017)
- Chairman ISRO & Secretary, Department of Space Shri AS Kiran Kumar formally inaugurated the four-day event.
- objective of the workshop is to provide an international forum to deliberate and share the emerging semiconductor R&D fields in electronics.
IIP for October stands at 2.2 percent
- The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) for October 2017 stood at 2.2 percent higher as compared to the level in comparison to October 2016.
- IIP is an index for India which details out the growth of various sectors in an economy such as mineral mining, electricity and manufacturing.
PM to inaugurate 90th FICCI AGM
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) the largest, oldest and the apex business organisation in India, was launched in 1927 on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi to industry leaders Ghanshyam Das Birla and J.R.D. Tata.
- Prime Minister will address the inaugural session of the 90th Annual General Meeting of the FICCI at the Vigyan Bhavan on 13/12/2017.
Retail inflation in November sees small increase to 4.88 percent
- India’s retail inflation grew at 4.88 percent in November, citing an increase in foods and oil prices.
- Earlier last week, the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) forecasted that retail inflation will hover around the range 4.3 to 4.7 percent in quarter ended December and March, higher than the previous projection of 4.2-4.6 percent.
Priyanka Chopra receives Mother Teresa Memorial award
- Priyanka received the award for her contribution towards lending her support to social causes.
- The Mother Teresa Awards are awards to honour individuals and organizations that promote peace, equality and social justice, and aim to encourage the cause of justice and peaceful coexistence, while providing a impetus for society to imbibe these values.
Govt. sets up NIC-CERT centre to detect, prevent cyberattacks
- The Centre on Monday unveiled the NIC-CERT centre that would monitor and help in early detection and mitigation of cyber attacks on government networks.
- NIC provides Nationwide Common ICT Infrastructure to support e-Governance services to the citizen, Products and Solutions designed to address e-Governance Initiatives, Major e-Governance Projects, State/UT Informatics Support and district level services rendered.