Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS)
RAS is the highest state services and also the most sought after job in the state. RPSC RAS exam is the gateway to enter into the Administrative Services in Rajasthan.
Rajasthan Administrative Service, popularly known as RAS, is a state civil service of state Rajasthan along with Rajassthan Accounts Service, Rajasthan Police Service and other services. The officers are included in the state cadre of civil service officers
Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) exam is a state-level civil services exam conducted by Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC).
RPSC RAS Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should obtain a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university
- Candidates should be minimum 21 years and maximum 40 years in age as on January 1, 2020. For non-gazetted employees, the minimum age limit is 25 years and the maximum age limit is 45 years as on January 1, 2020
RPSC RAS Exam has three stages:
- Preliminary – Unlike UPSC IAS Exam, RPSC RAS has only one paper in the preliminary exam, having 150 objective questions for 200 marks. The duration of the prelims examination is 3 hours.
- Mains – There are four theory papers in RAS Mains for 200 marks each.
- Personality Test/Interview – It is of 100 marks.
- RAS Notification 2020 : Not Declared
- RAS/RTS (Prelims) Exam 2020: Not Declared
- RAS/RTS (Mains) Exam 2020: Not Declared
Scheme of Examination & Syllabus
The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper on the subject specified below, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks.The examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The Standard of the paper will be that of a Bachelor’s Degree Level. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
General Knowledge and General Science
· The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper on the subject specified below, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks.
· Examination is a screening test, only for admission to mains examination and marks obtained will not be counted in final merit. Hence, candidates need to just clear the exam.
· There are 150 questions of multiple choice (Objective Type), carrying equal marks with negative marking of 1/3 mark of question for each wrong answer.
History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Major Landmarks in the History of Rajasthan, Major Dynasties, their Administrative and Revenue System. Socio-cultural Issues.
- Freedom Movement, Political Awakening and Integration
- Salient features of Architecture – Forts and Monuments
- Arts, Paintings and Handicrafts.
- Important Works of Rajasthani literature. Local Dilects
- Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dances.
- Rajsathani Culture, Traditions and Heritage.
- Religious Movements, Saints & Lok devtas of Rajasthan.
- Important Tourist Places.
- Leading Personalities of Rajasthan.
Ancient & Medieval Period:
- Salient features and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India.
- Art, Culture, Literature and Architecture.
- Major Dynasties, Their Administrative System. Socio-Economic Conditions, Prominent Movements.
- Modern Indian history (from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present)- significant events, personalities and issues.
- The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement- its various stages and important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country.
- Social and Religious Reform movements in the 19th and 20th century.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
Geography of World and India
- Broad Physical features.
- Environmental and Ecological Issues.
- Wildlife and Bio-diversity.
- International Waterways.
- Major Industrial Regions.
Geography of India:
- Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
- Agriculture and Agro based Activities.
- Minerals – Iron, Manganese, Coal, Oil & Gas, Atomic minerals.
- Major Industries and Industrial development.
- Transportation– major transport corridors.
- Natural Resources.
- Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues.
Geography of Rajasthan
- Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
- Natural Resource of Rajasthan-
- Climate, Natural Vegetation, Forests, Wildlife and Bio-diversity
- Major irrigation projects.
- Mines and Minerals.
- Major Industries and Potential for Industrial Development.
Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
- Constitutional Development & Indian Constitution :
Government of India Acts: 1919 and 1935, Constituent Assembly, Nature of Indian Constitution; Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State,Fundamental Duties, Federal Structure, Constitutional Amendments, Emergency Provisions, Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) and Judicial Review.
- Indian Political System and Governance :
- Nature of Indian State, Democracy in India, Reorganization of States, Coalition Governments, Political Parties, National Integration.
- Union and State Executive; Union and State Legislative, Judiciary.
- President, Parliament, Supreme Court, Election Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General, Planning Commission, National Development Council, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Central Information Commission , Lokpal, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
- Local Self Government & Panchayati Raj.
Public Policy & Rights
- National Public Policy as a welfare state.
- Various Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Governor, Chief Minister, State Assembly, High Court, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, District Administration, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukt,State Election Commission, State Information Commission.
- Public Policy, Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
Basic Concepts of Economics
- Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Banking, Public Finance, National Income, Growth and Development
- Accounting- Concept, Tools and Uses in Administration
- Stock Exchange and Share Market
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies
- Subsidies, Public Distribution System
- Inflation- Concept, Impact and Control Mechanism
Economic Development & Planning : -
- 5 Year Plans - Objectives, Strategies and Achievements.
- Major Sectors of Economy- Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade- Current Status,Issues & initiatives.
- Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives. Economic Reforms and Liberalization.
Human Resource and Economic Development :-
- Human Development Index
- Poverty and Unemployment:- Concept, Types, Causes, Remedies and Current Flagship Schemes.
Social Justice and Empowerment:-
- Provisions for Weaker Sections.
Economy of Rajasthan
- Macro overview of Economy.
- Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service Sector Issues.
- Growth, Development and Planning.
- Infrastructure & Resources.
- Major Development Projects.
- Programmes and Schemes- Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ST/Backward Class/Minorities/Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People,Farmers & Labourers.
Science & Technology
- Basics of Everyday Science.
- Electronics, Computers, Information and Communication Technology.
- Space Technology including Satellites.
- Defence Technology.
- Human body, Food and Nutrition, Health care.
- Environmental and Ecological Changes and its Impacts.
- Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Development of Science and Technology in Rajasthan.
Reasoning & Mental Ability
Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive):
- Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and Conclusion,Courses of Action.
- Analytical Reasoning.
Mental Ability :
- Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes and their sub sections.
Basic Numeracy :
- Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis.
- Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple andCompound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart)
- Major Current Events and Issues of State (Rajasthan), National and International Importance
- Persons and Places in recent news
- Games and Sports related Activities